This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cub firing order

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cbumpus
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 37051

cub firing order

Postby cbumpus » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:01 am

I see the firing order molded in the head but what is the order on the distributor? I have a magneto, 6v tractor. New wires and cap. Help help - I have it wired but no fire, I'm afraid I have wired the cap wrong. Charlie

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: cub firing order

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:01 pm

starting at about the 12:00 - 12:30 position and going CW viewed from the rear of the engine., 1,3,4,2, just like cast into the block. Check for fire from the top (coil) cap. If good fire there, at least 1/4 inch, 3/8 to 1/2 is better, check rotor timing. It is easy to instal the mag half a round off, which would put #4 at 12:30, then 2, 1, 3. If the engine has been apart, the gears could be timed wrong, in which case all bets are off till that is cured.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cecil » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:44 pm

Just and addition. Starting with the number one tower on the mag place a wire from there to the number one plug. The plug nearest the front of the tractor. On the next tower run a wire to number 3 plug. Then one to number 4 and finally one to the number 2 plug.
To made certain you are working with the correct tower for number one, pull the number one plug and turn the engine slowly (with the ignition off), a crank if good for this, until you feel compression on your finger. Then check the alignment of the notch on the front pulley. Take the cap off the mag to see which tower you are pointing at.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:56 pm

I was always confused by the firing order and how it relates to the tower. This might help .. it did for me .. How To Understand Firing Order

Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”