This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How hard is it to compile a 144 cultivator setup

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.
Circle of Safety: Y

How hard is it to compile a 144 cultivator setup

Postby leerenovations » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:31 am

Been browsing the manuals. ANd it looks like the 144 Cultivator setup is the multitool of the implements. I like thaqt it can cultivate, hill, and other things in one system. Is the 144 rare or hard to accumulate? Id love to have the full setup but have never had a cultivator setup for my Cub. I dont even have the universal mounting frame.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

dmacarthur
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 05344

Re: How hard is it to compile a 144 cultivator setup

Postby dmacarthur » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:18 am

The 144 is what we have pieced together by asking around, it can be found on the Vine or on Ebay as well, but it is really designed for a single row crop and If you look at the IH cultivator options there is also a #255 or some such which seems to me to be a bit more useful for multi-row crops. harder to find probably also. In either case, you could start by asking the local repair places if they know of anyone with Cubs and then make some calls, others on this forum might be your best resource!

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:11 am

Don't know how many cubs reside in your area. Swap meets, at club shows, are a good source, if there are clubs and cubs,m in your area.
Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:30 am

Subscribe to your state's market bulletin and place an ad. I've found that resource to be quite helpful. Not sure about Oklahoma, but Cub cultivators are relatively rare in my neck of the woods. Robert Terry(forum member) has a set for sale in AR. Get a copy of the parts manual and take with you to make sure you get it all when you do find a set. Can be easy to overlook a part if you are not very familiar with them
Thomas

Return to “Farmall Cub”