This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Engine to torque tube install

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487
Circle of Safety: Y

Engine to torque tube install

Postby Jackman » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Just come in from the garage trying to install the bare engine to the torque tube, I lack the right tools , kinda just rolling around on the floor using boards with out succsess , its close but that last 1/2 inch it aint moving, any ideas :?:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul Van Benschoten
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12477

Re: Engine to torque tube install

Postby Paul Van Benschoten » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:52 pm

If you need a hand, I am, in Saugerties.

I don't have any special words or tools, but I have joined those parts together before.
Paul Van Benschoten

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:32 pm

If you are lacking 1/2 inch, probably the clutch splines ore not slipping together. Try putting the pto in gear and barely turning it just a tiny bit. Alos, check the dowel pins if they are lining up with the holes in the housing.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:01 am

Paul Van Benschoten wrote:If you need a hand, I am, in Saugerties.

I don't have any special words or tools, but I have joined those parts together before.

Paul thanks you can come by anytime 8) mostly the Cub will be Sundays work but with all that rain we had yesterday I had some time on my hands so I got started on the 57 which has been in pieces for 5 years now :oops: , anyway I struggled for a while with out success but I have a plan, I have an old engine hoist out back with a bad pump I will get a new pump this week and lift the engine while the rear assembly has its wheels on should make things a bit easier , heck or high water this Cub will run again this Summer :D

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Whatever you do, don't force it or try to draw it together with the bolts. If it doesn't fall together, it's not together right.

Did you use an alignment tool to install the clutch centered in the pressure plate? Just checking.

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Matt Kirsch wrote:Whatever you do, don't force it or try to draw it together with the bolts. If it doesn't fall together, it's not together right.

Did you use an alignment tool to install the clutch centered in the pressure plate? Just checking.

No I don't have that tool I just eyeballed it :roll: , honestly I did not even think of an alignment tool :oops: but I do have a friend close by that has one .

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:50 am

Well, that's your problem. If that clutch disk is even a fraction of an inch off, you will NEVER get it together without wrecking the disk.

Ask me how I know...

Return to “Farmall Cub”