This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A 500 dollar Cub?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

A 500 dollar Cub?

Postby Jackman » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:49 am

I found a Cub (50's type) the owner wants 500 dollars I am intrested in it just for parts at present the engine is siezed solid and the rockshaft caps are completely snapped off, what do you think is this a reasonable price? I have hesitated only because I only need some parts not the whole Cub as I have too many eyesores on the homestead already.... The parts I want are lights, throttle ,battery box, carb and air tube and radiator with fan shroud most likely more than 500 worth there but another tractor lying around is not good in my neighborhood.
Last edited by Jackman on Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:06 am

Jackman It really depends on where you are and can you find the time to disassemble. It might help if you put the state and city or county you are located in your profile.
If you need the parts it has and there are many left over sell them. Ralph is an inspiration in that department. If there are weights or you can get the seller to throw in implements you will recoup your investment and help other cub owners as well as hepling your self. In a recent post some one was looking for generator parts. If you you decide that it is not for you let some one else get it and you buy the parts you need from them. That way you won't have to dispose of the body as it were. Third way could to do it with a partner. Imagination will help you find an answer.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:41 am

Jackman...Bill is RIGHT! You'll probably come out ahead on the deal, providing that 1) The parts you NEED are functioning and GOOD on the tractor and 2) What ever's left is in good enough condition for you to disassemble and part out. :wink:

EXAMPLE: Front wheel weight are going on "E=Pay" for $100.00+ per set.
Rear fenders will bring another $40.+ each...Good rear tires & rims $35,+ each...Rear wheel weights $30.+ each. There's more than 1/2 of your investment right there with very little disassembly needed on your part. A good Cub carburetor will bring $65.+ by itself! AND, I didn't even talk about any IMPLEMENTS yet! :D So you be the judge Jackman. :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:18 am

Bill and Country Elliot good points , I am always in a time crunch so I dont want to get envolved with e bay thing just basicly want to get the parts I need and be done with it. I updated my profile to include location Bill I am about 90 miles north of Staten Island in Ulster County. This Cub also has frount and rear wheel waights, Snow plow, molboard plow ,good tin work and fenders somewhat good ag type tires and it also has all new never used tune up parts points,cap,wires,coil and plugs. Anyone intrested send me a PM with phone # and we can talk maybe this can work for both of us. Thanks Jack

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:29 am

Jackman,

In my opinion, what you are looking at is worth more than $500. The two implements and weights alone would more than cover the $$$ you would spend to get it. I say go ahead and get it. A dis-assembled cub fits nicely on a large wooden pallet and covers easily with a tarp. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:38 am

Ditto on what Bud said. Just the items you listed are worth considerably more than the price you mentioned.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:25 pm

I might be interested. Have to talk to my dad. keep me in mind. Whats your zip code?
Image On To Bigger Things

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:38 pm

Jackman:

you have a minimum of $800.00 in implements there alone :!: That is the kind of deal most of us dream about.... :!: but never see :roll: :( :shock: :? :roll:

Ifn I were you, I would take the time. Buy the tractor - give the guy the $500.00 and laugh yourself to the bank.....

Then take off what you need. Invest the time in eBay over the winter after you have fixed your Cub and taken the parts one apart... then sell over the winter... wow! Geez, there are guys looking for the plow, the grader blade and are willing to pay for the blade what you will pay for the Cub....

Ifn it was me, it would already be in my yard, never mind askin what anybody thought about it. Decision made, done deal, in my yard, what a steal :!: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

cadetpwr
10+ Years
10+ Years

implements

Postby cadetpwr » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:40 pm

I would be interested in the snow plow, I need one badly before the old lake effect machine we have here in Erie, PA kicks in again. Let me know. Thanks Mike
Gear drives rule!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”