This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Steering is tight

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
vwfish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53029

Steering is tight

Postby vwfish » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:16 am

So, I'm out pushing some loose dirt around and the steering gets real tight especially when turning all the way left. I thought I might have bent something, so I bring it in to the garage and check it over... Don't see anything obvious. I took the tie rods off and the wheels rotate freely and the rods move freely. Although better, the steering is still tight. At this point I would think I should be able to freely spin the steering wheel back and forth. Next I opened up the box and rotate the steering wheel out of the box. All looks good, but when I try and move the steering knuckle in front it is very difficult and I would think that should move freely.
Suggestion?

offrink
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49316
Tractors Owned: 1954 farmall fcub, 1954 farmall super m

Re: Steering is tight

Postby offrink » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:54 am

Try a kerosene flush of the box. Maybe some grit is binding things up.