This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

#22 mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

#22 mower

Postby Bus Driver » Tue May 13, 2014 7:00 pm

Problem I never before encountered with the CUB-22 mower. The mower on the tractor has the ball bearing pitman assembly. It is very loose at the mower flywheel and I suspect that the bearing is worn beyond practical use. My CB1-!A parts catalog shows per number ST 313 (1950-on) for the bearing while one of the later PDF files accessible on this site shows 37 313 (1955-on). Messick's website does not show either of those bearings available. And I suspect that it is the same bearing in both cases. My assumption is that if it is available from Case/IH, Messicks' would offer it.
Probably I should disassemble mine and see what numbers are on it, but other duties and knee pain are hindrances of the moment.
Anyone ever bought one? At what price? Know of a substitute?
Luck favors those who are prepared

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: #22 mower

Postby Don McCombs » Tue May 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Messick's shows a listing for that bearing, but none in stock. You're not going to like the price, though. $147. :D
I have one apart right now. It's a pretty unique bearing and not likely to be available at other than CaseIH.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: #22 mower

Postby Bus Driver » Wed May 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Thanks for helping me. The parts catalogs have spaces within the part number. Messick's system likes it with no spaces.
Gotta come up with some money!
Luck favors those who are prepared

Return to “Farmall Cub”