Triplet end section

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Triplet end section

Postby Glen » Wed May 07, 2014 11:07 pm

Hi,
I don't know if all of you with Cub 22 or other IH mowers have heard of a Triplet end section. That's IH's name for them. They have made them for years. They are made to stop the cut grass plugging at the outer end of the bar that happens when mowing thick grass. Years ago I used to have to stop and get off the Cub, and clear the clog out by hand. They invented the Triplet to solve that. It works really good for me, hardly any plugging using a Triplet. It is wider than a regular knife, so it sticks out the end a little farther when mowing.
I asked about them today at my local Case IH dealer, the part number for the light duty serrated one is 467458R11, and it costs $6.56 here in the west. If you have plugging problems at the outer end, you might try one. Here's a pic of it from an older IH brochure. :)
Attachments
Mower.jpg
Mower.jpg (120.82 KiB) Viewed 270 times
Mower 2.jpg
Mower 2.jpg (82.77 KiB) Viewed 270 times
Glen
Cub Star
Cub Star

Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Re: Triplet end section

Postby dmacarthur » Thu May 08, 2014 5:41 am

Good tip Glen- we had a couple of mowers with triplets and they make a difference! One was a fast hitch on a 300 Utility and the other was a mid-mount on a 454......
dmacarthur
Cub Star
Cub Star

Zip Code: 05344

Re: Triplet end section

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu May 08, 2014 8:47 pm

We ran them all the time in the 7 foot sickle behind the H. Really reduced the clogging at the end, especially if cutting wiry stuff like lespedeza or cheat.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government
to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the
government lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Return to Farmall Cub