This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Positive ground to negative ground ????

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cubby
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45069
Tractors Owned: 26,27,28 farmall regular
47cub= Cubby
48 cub=Rusty
49cub=BEEcub
75 cub=Lemon Juice
76-CUB=RED BIRD
53 AC-WD
NH TC-18
53 "H"
67 sears SS-12
3 CADET ORIGINALS
73 Wheel Horse-Automatic
Cadet 73
Cadet 70
Cadet 100(2)

Positive ground to negative ground ????

Postby cubby » Sun May 04, 2014 8:32 pm

I just got a 1975 tractor where the PO had it hooked up to positive ground.It ran good when i put it up on the trailer to bring it home. After reading other posts i know it should be NEG ground as it is a 12 volt system.My question is--What do u do to change it from pos to neg ground? I want to hook the wiring up the correct way.Will it be ok to start and run the tractor from my barn down to the shop,about 150' away.Is there any damage that could happen if I do this? Is this why you polarize the generator if i change it over to the correct ground?As always thanks for the help.Rick

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Positive ground to negative ground ????

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun May 04, 2014 10:14 pm

If the amp meter showed charge when running, it will need the wiring reversed, and the generator polarized. Might also check the coil, with neg. ground the - term should be connected to the distributor. Before you do anything, check battery voltage. I have seen them charged backwards from being connected wrong.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Positive ground to negative ground ????

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon May 05, 2014 8:54 am

It will be ok to start and run it. The previous owner ran it like that for years.

Return to “Farmall Cub”