This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

It sure makes an awful noise.....

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

It sure makes an awful noise.....

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:20 pm

I had to replace a rear engine seal in a cub last week, and when putting it back together the clutch splines did not want to engage so I put the pto in gear and used it to turn the clutch shaft so the splines would line up. By the time I go it back together my back was hurting so I came back the next day to finish up. Everything went nice and easy until I started it. A cub sure makes an awful noise when you start it with the pto in gear and a pair of long vie grips clamped on the pto shaft. :oops: Of course the noise does not last long, the first revolution they hit the fender or the rear rockshaft arm and came right off. Thankfully I had not clamped them very tight. The first sound really startled me, but I have dropped pairs of vice grips enough times in my life that I recognized the sound of an open pair of vice grips hitting the floor. I don't think anything else makes quite the same sound. :wink:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Posco
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04730
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub...so far

Re: It sure makes an awful noise.....

Postby Posco » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:30 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I don't think anything else makes quite the same sound. :wink:

I've never gone to those lengths to test your thinking but you're right, I'd know the sound as well.

Return to “Farmall Cub”