This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rear wheel spacers?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
eelderbr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53517

Rear wheel spacers?

Postby eelderbr » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:32 am

These were advertised for a Cub LOBOY. Will these also fit a standard Cub?

What (if any) are the risks of using these spacers to widen the space between rear wheels?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Rear wheel spacers?

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:01 am

Yes, They will fit (you could verify that with the seller if you have any concerns). No risks that I am aware of as long as you make sure you keep the bolts tight. What are you going to do on the front end if you go to 58"?

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Postby Clark Thompson » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:02 am

those are for a numbered series lo boy that use the wide turf tires. Yes they will work on a std cub but for what reason I dont know.
Collector of Farmall cubs and cub cadets.Injoy helping people keep their cubs running. Years of experipnce.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barnyard » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:00 am

I'm not sure how well your axle tube will hold up with the stress from being so much wider.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:08 am

I had a set of aluminum spacers for my numbered series.
While they performed the task of moving the wheels out (for chains), they did wear out.
The holes where the bolts fit were not tapered to match the bolts. They eventually wore slack and then allowed the bolts to waller (not a northerner term) out the mounting holes. Had to remove the tires and tighten them up twice a year.
Eventually, one failed while on a slope and caused an usafe removal of the rear tire breaking off all but one lug bolts. :help:
I believe the failure was caused by using a tapered shoulder lug bolt rather than a flat-shouldered bolt. If using these, spend the money on the proper bolts, steel flat washers, and lock washers.

I have purchased the steel version of spacers that has an IH part number. No issues since. Don't need to retighten.
http://www.tugedge.com/p/Services#%2fCub_Cadet%2fCub_185_Lo-Boy_Tractor%2fRear_Wheel_Spacer_(Floatation_Tires)%2f011840-A%2f0118400071
Note: The picture you have shown looks like the bolts go through the rim & wheel spacer. This would be easier to retighten. The set I had was different. 5 bolts mounted the spacer to the axle, and had 5 studs that protruded through the rim and fastened the rim with nuts.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:52 am

Any excess width is going to cause damage to the tractor on down the road. ---I know how to widen the front axle,-- BUT there again would NOT be good on a cub! thanks; sonny

Return to “Farmall Cub”