This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Operating Temp

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
grolph
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: l0a1b0

Operating Temp

Postby grolph » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:57 pm

Just finished a total rebuild of my 1948 Farmall Cub........I filled the rad with coolant and started it up.........I'm not sure if it is over-heating.......the top of the rad is quite hot ( around boiling I assume) but the neck that feeds the block ( from the bolster to the block entry point above the starter) is cool to the touch. There are no blockages.....I removed the neck and poured coolant in the top of the rad.....it quite liberally flows from both the bottom of the neck ( ie through the rad) and from the block down....is this normal????

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RogerW
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 50662

Re: Operating Temp

Postby RogerW » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:50 pm

This is normal. It relies n temperature differential to circulate the coolant. It will be near boiling at the top, and if it is very warm on the return you are not getting good air-flow through the radiator, or the coolant is low and not circulating. What you have sounds normal.

Return to “Farmall Cub”