This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tubeless Front Tires - Edited

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jason_Coffey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74011
Tractors Owned: -
1958 F Cub with Woods 42C
1962 LoBoy with FH & Mott Flail

Re: Tubeless Front Tires - Edited

Postby Jason_Coffey » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:16 pm

My parents own a tire shop which I had the "pleasure" of working in when I was younger. We always used left over motor oil/trans fluid to lubricate the tires for mounting. When we changed oil we had a large jug with a funnel in it that we put the oil bottles in and let them drain the little bit of oil that was in there. It worked great and it was free. I haven't ever used soap to mount tires.

The stuff you pump into your tires to fix flats will eat your wheels over time. Not to mention if you take it in for repair the guy doing the repair will not like you too much when that slime goes all over the equipment, the floor, and his clothes. :lol: Just some food for thought.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby danovercash » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Don't know about motor oil and tires (may not be good for them). I use " Wheel grease" (vegetable based lube) I got at the tire store. Can even do 4 inch Snapper tires without cussing!
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:02 pm

My tire mounting lube is Ruglide sold at NAPA stores.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader

Postby welderrx » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:27 pm

I use a hammer and spoons left over from my trucking days, don't know how many I mounted and broke down gotta be well over a thousand. I personally use ether when I need to but I was taught how to do it by an expert, don't try it if you don't know how to do it , it is very dangerous , also spoons and a hammer can be pretty dangerous if you don't know how, I personally saw a cracked semi rim break apart at the bead when a friend was using ether he came real close to getting a chunk of rim in the face. I find when its been a while I get rusty at it and it takes 2 or 3 Tires to remember all the tricks. The lube we always used was diesel & hydraulic oil 50\50 it worked very well, never saw any evidence of it hurting the rubber. I have an old Coates "Armstrong" tire machine for the little ones . If you can get a tire mounted for $3.50 its a steal. T.J.
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association

Return to “Farmall Cub”