This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

sediment bowl

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
alfreema
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 67235
Tractors Owned: '48 IHC

Re: sediment bowl

Postby alfreema » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:13 pm

alfreema wrote:Question: I just replaced the sediment bowl due to an issue with mine today. When I went to screw it into the tank, it didn't get tight until about, say, a 1/4 turn past where you would want it to be in order for the fuel line to be coming out nice and perpendicular. After stripping the threads on my carb, I am very goosey about tightening anything anymore.

What should I do? Try to spin it another 3/4 turn even though it's getting tight? Bring back a 1/4 turn and use some sort of product to seal it (if so what product)?

I am still not sure what the best approach to lining the sediment bowl is. Any help would be much appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:16 pm

The female threads into the tank are steel, so the vulnerable part is the sediment bowl. I'd suggest 3-4 wraps with teflon tape. It is not gasoline soluble and should allow the correct alignment of the sediment bowl outlet. Did you get the helicoiled carb back from the machine shop yet?
Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

alfreema
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 67235
Tractors Owned: '48 IHC

Postby alfreema » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:02 pm

OK, we will proceed with the teflon tape. I was concerned that gasoline would break it down.

Yes, the helicoiled carburetor is back and working great. We bought 5/16th fuel line per your recommendation and plan on replacing what I have with pure steel all the way from carb to bowl. Hoping to get to that this weekend.

Return to “Farmall Cub”