This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Removing the foot platform

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cubby
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45069
Tractors Owned: 26,27,28 farmall regular
47cub= Cubby
48 cub=Rusty
49cub=BEEcub
75 cub=Lemon Juice
76-CUB=RED BIRD
53 AC-WD
NH TC-18
53 "H"
67 sears SS-12
3 CADET ORIGINALS
73 Wheel Horse-Automatic
Cadet 73
Cadet 70
Cadet 100(2)

Removing the foot platform

Postby cubby » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:25 am

:help: With the warm weather, I"v been working hard on stripping down my 50 cub. I need to remove the foot platform. When removing the right and left brake pedal,i noticed the round shaft went thru the center of the tractor. I know this works the clutch,my question is can i pull this shaft all the way out to get the clutch pedal off. I was thinking i should leave it in the tractor. I wanted to check before i pull it out.things are moving along nicely and i don"t want any problems. :thanx: Rick

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Removing the foot platform

Postby tst » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:24 pm

that can be the worst part to get off, the battle is removing the left brake pedal from the shaft, you have to work the pedal off the shaft, oil and some times heat to help, do not beat on the shaft trying to push it through the pedal as it just mushrooms the shaft and them it will never come off, once the pedal is off the shaft just pulls out the other side of the torque tube
good luck
Tim

Return to “Farmall Cub”