This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

It Wouldn't Start

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
twotone
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15132
Tractors Owned: 53 F Cub
73 F Cub
53 Super A With Snow/Grader Blade
193 Plow With Colter And Jointer
144 Cultivators
22 Mower
Circle of Safety: Y

It Wouldn't Start

Postby twotone » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:43 pm

I thought I'd give the 53 Cub a chance to run today. I've never had to start it in the cold, but it's been staring me in the face all winter under the carport. 27 degrees, I turned the gas on, switch on, 4 clicks on the throttle, pull the starter and cranks like crazy. Try a little choke, and these flood easy, got it to fire but I wasn't quick enough on the choke. Carb starts dripping so it's time to try it with the gas turned off. I got it to sputter a few times, but just wouldn't go. I've got the summer time and the hot start down pat, but the cold start needs a little work.

I will say the 6 volt system worked beautiful. I cranked on it quite bit and the starter rpm's never slowed down at all.
Know Your Cub, And Your Cub Will Know You.

Tom

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

dmacarthur
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 05344

Re: It Wouldn't Start

Postby dmacarthur » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:15 pm

Hey Tom- we are looking at 6 below tonite! I won't be near the Cub for a month...... As the older folks say, sounds like ytou got too much gas!

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:16 pm

Jump it with 12-v and it will start right up!!! I started 2 of my old 6-v cubs that way! thanks; sonny

twotone
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15132
Tractors Owned: 53 F Cub
73 F Cub
53 Super A With Snow/Grader Blade
193 Plow With Colter And Jointer
144 Cultivators
22 Mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby twotone » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:26 pm

I went out today with it 20 degrees warmer, didn't even turn the gas on, pulled the switch, pulled the starter and she popped right off. It even ran long enough to get the gas turned on.
Know Your Cub, And Your Cub Will Know You.

Tom

Return to “Farmall Cub”