This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Had to start the cub.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053
Circle of Safety: Y

Had to start the cub.

Postby v w » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:25 pm

I had just 10 feet to go today blowing snow for a path for my wife to feed the birds when with a snap the belt broke AGAIN. :( I had bought the blower used and have never been happy with the way the belt tightened or more to the point didn't really tighten and the lack of clearance. I have had a few talks with the dealer who assured me I had it together correctly. Thinking that not even a PHD could design something that badly I looked it over carefully again for the 100th or so time and found the ear on the frame of the cadet that holds an idler pulley was bent, nothing wrong with the blower after all. I have no idea how. I still needed to clear my sister's drive and the neighbor's. I had put the blade and chains on the cub during November just in case. I had last used the cub on December 7th. I would have thrown a quick charge on it but my sister had my charger to charge the batteries in her motor home so while it was close I opted to just try to start the cub. I had to shovel snow away from the door to get in. The weather the last few days has been quite cold and was only 23 this afternoon but it rolled over and came to life. I lost it once because I was slow on on the choke but it fired back up and after a few seconds settled down to a high idle. Sixty three years old. Still 6 volt too. Drives are plowed. Cub may have to finish the season because if the dealer can't fix the cadet I'll take it to my uncle this spring because I'm sure he can. It might weigh another 100 pounds with his "slight" reinforcement but it will run. :D Vern

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Had to start the cub.

Postby Smokeycub » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:29 am

It's always the simple things. Snow blower's do a great job removing snow and you don't need to worry much about where to put the snow after the 3rd or 4th snow storm. Unless you have a cab on your Cadet that occasional blast of snow in the face is a real eye opener!!! :shock: Glad the "go to" Cub fired up, ya gotta love that! :coffee:
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

Return to “Farmall Cub”