This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

101-A fertilizer unit

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kirk-NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07838

101-A fertilizer unit

Postby Kirk-NJ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:30 am

I picked up a 101-A fertilizer unit this past weekend and although it will be quite a while before planting/fertilizing anything wanted to try in on the tractor for fit. I noticed that when you close the gate to adjust the flow the wing nut is pretty close to the chain. The sprocket has a little bit of wiggle and I would hate to catch it while in motion. For those who have this unit is there a simple fix. I think if I use a regular nut might give an extra quarter inch of clearance. Which would mean wrenching it to make an adjustmentwhich is no big deal just have to remember to carry a wrench. This one came with double flow diverter. Also picked up a pair of rolling weeder.

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Re: 101-A fertilizer unit

Postby Brandon Webb » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:09 pm

They are all that close you can use a regular nut. Mine didn't hit just by luck the way the wing it turned. I prefer the older style hoppers with the flow adjustment lever they just seem easier to adjust. Heres one of mine on dads cub

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:49 pm

You need 2 chains on that set up, with the sprocket in the outer most hole at the hopper. It works fine then.
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Kirk-NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07838

Postby Kirk-NJ » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:51 am

Thanks guy. I have one question about the hopperThe rotary spinner that's used to move the fertilizer out appears to have broken/missing tee that sticks up from the spinner to help move the fertilizer. Do these help and should I try to make one or is it ok the way it is. It also is missing the hooper lid. It's kind of big like 17". Are they hard to find? Seem like everyone I see has no lid. I know I can fudge something together to keep the rain out and when not in use it will be stored inside.

Kirk

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Postby Brandon Webb » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Agri supply (ASC) has the whole agitator assembly with T for $9.99, but you could also weld a T on yours I'd think easily.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Boss Hog » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:41 pm

Kirk, I have a lid or 2 :D, farmers dont use em , just in the way . You need the T , it breaks up the fertilizer. The agri supply ones dont fit worth a hoot.
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg