This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

pto disengages

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kevin
10+ Years
10+ Years

pto disengages

Postby Kevin » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:17 pm

When I am mowing sometimes my pto disengages. the pto shifter rod guide seems to be slightly oblonged. Does that seem if I got a new one it would stop?How would I know what else to check?
thanks
Kevin :? :?
Kevin's 49er

Kevin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kevin » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:17 pm

When I push or pull on my pto the shaft seems to move about a 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch forward and backward so I pulled out my pto shaft and it seems there is a snap ring missing. Its the one that holds the bearing in the inside of the cover that bolts on the back there is one on the pto shaft itself but none in the cover. I drained the oil and flushed it out but am not seeing any pieces maybe someone had it apart and never replaced it. Anyone know where I could get a snap ring or part # for it having no luck at auto parts stores. maybe could get one from Case/IH dealer
thanks again
Kevin
Kevin's 49er

HIGG
10+ Years
10+ Years

snap ring

Postby HIGG » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:48 am

ih # 389 875 R1 for the snap ring is your shaft cut for one

Kevin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kevin » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:39 pm

My pto shaft has a snap ring on it but the one missing is the one that holds the bearing into the plate that the pto shaft sticks out through(not sure what the plate is called) the snap ring is about 2" round. I called my local dealer and he is sending out the snapring and pto shifter guide mine is worn. Hope this works.
thanks for the help
Kevin :D
Kevin's 49er

Kevin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kevin » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:59 pm

I got my snapring and pto shifter rod guide. Seems my guide was worn very badly. Put the pto back together and it is very tight like its suppose to be and is not popping out I'll have to give it a try next time I cut the grass. The part # on the snapring is 69696D
Glad it was an easy fix
Kevin
Kevin's 49er

Return to “Farmall Cub”