This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

The Invasion has begun!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

The Invasion has begun!

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:18 pm

Just got a call from John *.?-!.* cub owner. He has arrived safely in Circleville after a long day's drive. He advises anyone travelling I-70 from thru Indiana that there is a 17 mile stretch of road construction around the 119 mile marker. That held him up about an hour today.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:23 pm

BD:

Some glad to hear that John has made the trip safely. Keep posting the good news as they all check in. :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:07 am

Hey Guys...THANKS for the tip! Glad to hear John@!# arrived safely :D . The "Carol Elizabeth Cub" and the 1971 Cub Cadet Model 73 are loaded on my trailer :wink: .

NOW...just enough time left to put the finishing touches on a BIG pot a 'Country' Elliott's Smoky Mountain Beans with Sun-Dried Tennessee Possum for Friday night's campfire cookout 8) . Hey...I can see you guys droolin' already :lol: :lol: !

See y'all at Cubfest AND...THANK YOU's A PLENTY to BigDog...Janet...LilDog and the whole Cubfest Crew for giving the rest of us this GREAT fellowship opportunity :wink: !!!
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:53 am

Well, I'll set out about Friday AM. I was up late preparing the lasagne. I'll assemble and bake tonight. Pack on Ice and I'm off! I'll be travelling lightly....no Cub. But thats OK. Just happy to be coming! Good news that John made it safely! Have a safe trip cubguy and Country, and all the rest! See you there Woo Hoo!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:17 am

We're reado to go! The longest journey begins with a single step, but this one will be less lhan 150 miles. We'll be there this afternoon sometime. If you see us on the road, honk or wave! :D

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:26 am

George:

Drive safely and have passels of fun :!: Just watch out for Country's Possum fixin's :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Indiana Robinson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Indiana Robinson » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:48 pm

We are about ready... We will leave Friday morning sometime and hope to be there about noonish. We have to drop Diana's mom (who lives with us) off at Diana's brother's house in the morning.
I didn't have a decent (safe) set of loading boards for this small trailer any more so I was looking for something to use (cheap) :-) I ended up cutting a couple of 5' sections off of a hitch "A" off of a double wide mobile home that some folks my son knows had permenantly sat back in a woods. The hitch was made of a light/medium guage 10 inch by about 3 1/2" "I" beam. I cut the corners off at an angle top and bottom so they won't cut a tire and so the end will sit down flat on the ground. At the top I welded on a couple of 12" pieces of "U" fence post across the end so it can sit on the angle iron across the back of the trailer. I had a fun time cutting the pieces off as the wind was gusting really badly and I was in an odd position where I could not brace myself well. Also it is easy to tell that they were recycled steel like rebar and fence post. Lots of hard spots... I hit them with the angle grinder just enough to get rid of the worst of the rough edges. I have promised myself to do a bit of rework after Cubfest to straighten out the rough edges.
I guess I should pick out my route for tomorrow (yes I do procrastinate) :-) I used to grow a plot of corn at Circleville and made quite a few trips there but that was years ago and now I don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. I hope I remember to load the CUB...;-)
"farmer"
1947 CUB named "Major"
5 other red ones
JD-A
MM-R
AC-C
MF-165D-HA)
2 Case VACs
MH-Pony
2 Ford 8Ns
Ferguson TO-20
Everything needs something, some need almost everything.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:07 pm

I plan on leaving about noon tomorrow, with only one Cub in tow - 66 Llo-Boy in it's working clothes. "Cheap John", my non-electric '49 Cub still doesn't have a radiator don't even ask.

Eugene, your block is in the truck and should be in John's custody tomorrow afternoon.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:44 pm

I am greener than 'rambo' with envy! GWs rig sure does look great with the Cub's in tow. How appropriate that it's called the FUN MOVER.

Rudi and are not the only ones wishing we were mobile to the greatest event of the year!

Have Fun!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

lildog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45601
Skype Name: JohnRRatliff

Postby lildog » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:14 pm

A few pictures of the early arrivals have been posted at Cubfest.com.
John "lildog" Ratliff: Facebook | Twitter

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:19 pm

lildog wrote:A few pictures of the early arrivals have been posted

Thanks for the pictures lil`dog. Things look to be shaping up great. How doe`s Ricks V6 Cub sound. Sure wish it weren`t so far away for me or I would be in one of those pictures.
Then came Bronson

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:50 pm

Darn. Don't you guys use your Cubs for anything but parades. May be I'll take my Cub next year and show everybody what a working tractor looks like. Mine has grass clippings, mud and dirt over everything, grease dripping out of the zerks and an oil leak or two.

Eugene

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:28 am

Eugene wrote:Darn. Don't you guys use your Cubs for anything but parades. May be I'll take my Cub next year and show everybody what a working tractor looks like. Mine has grass clippings, mud and dirt over everything, grease dripping out of the zerks and an oil leak or two.

Eugene

:lol: Eugene, You should be utterly ashamed of yourself. :twisted:
Then came Bronson

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:44 am

My cubs earn their keep. No trailer queens here. Even though they do go to shows.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:23 am

Once I drag mine there today we will find out if non trailer queens are allowed. Bigdogs look good some with original clothes even, however they do get used.
Ron

Return to “Farmall Cub”