This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bracket for Fast Hitch Spring on Regular Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Bracket for Fast Hitch Spring on Regular Cub

Postby evielboweviel » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:11 pm

Would somebody post a picture of the anchor bracket and where it fastens on a regular cub? I have moved the upper part of the fast hitch from the lowboy to the regular cub, will move the loader at Cubfest 2005 along with the drawbar for the fasthitch. Then need to anchor the rod and spring, just not certain where and how it anchors to the tractor.
Thanks
Ron

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:46 pm

That is one of the parts that is totally different between the Lo-Boy and the Farmall. There is a pretty good picture of the Farmall version on TM's web page.

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:50 am

If you are talking about the bracket that the helper spring and rod go throught they are definitly different. I took the fast hitch off my Betsy about 2 years ago and I'll be darned if I could find the bracket. I went to Columbia Tractor and ordered the part. They found one in Wisconsin for me. I got it home and discovered I had looked at the wrong drawing and had ordered on for a Lowboy. Called Columbia and there were none in the world. Finally got one from TM. The regular Cub bracket mounts between the transmission and the fender and is very small. The one for the Lowboy is an L shape and just mounts to the fender.

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby evielboweviel » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:34 pm

Thanks Jim

Cecil
Could you send me a picture or post a picture so I can make the bracket. The one I have for the lowboy attached to the final drive. I have some thoughts however not certain if it attachs with one bolt or more to the front of the transmission on as regular cub. I see the reinforced spot on the fender, is that strong enough by itself? Hopefully somebody will have one at cubfest and I can check it out.
Thanks
Ron
rselzer at columbus.rr.com

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:02 pm

Go this website and click on gallery and picture archive. Then click on fast hitch with depth adjusting lever. On page 2 there are 2 pictures of the bracket you are looking for. If you need measurements I will get them for you.

http://www.tmtractor.com/

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby evielboweviel » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:16 pm

ok
between that and the parts manual on Rudi's server I know have an idea and will proceed to make an anchor
Thanks
Ron

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:06 pm

Ron:

Maybe between you and Cecil we can get a good drawing of the brackets for the Cub Manual Server?

Let me know guys ok?

Thanks
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:40 pm

I'll do some measurements tomorrow and then a drawing. I can use the scanner to send it to you. Have to bury new underground dog fence tomorrow also. Think I'll put the fast hitch plow on turn a furrow, put the wire in and roll the furrow back. Thats how I did the power to the barn. Works good.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:50 pm

Careful you don't plow through the cable to the barn while burying the dog wire.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:09 pm

Cecil:

Thanks, that sounds good.

Yup, that is how I bury cable now. Just turn a furrow, lay the cable and roll the furrow back. If you really want to be neat about it, take a roller and pull behind the Cub. That is how we buried the power cable to the pond. Gonna use the same trick to bury the hose for the refrigerator compressor to pump air into the pond in the winter....

Cubs are mighty useful around the house :!: :wink: :roll: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”