Really love my Waggner in this weather.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Yesterday was the first day in nearly 3 weeks we have been above freezing. I have been feeding the stove pretty steadily for all that time and sure like having the loader.

When we built the house I added a small wood room right beside the steps. I sized it for a set of steel doors to fit on and it has a metal walk in door to the basement. .

Getting it down into the wood room is pretty easy, just pull the lever.

that little room holds approx. 2/3 chord.

Re: Really love my Waggner in this weather.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:20 pm

John, Now you just need to figure out a way to "bunk" the firewood so you can pick up a full bucket without having to load it by hand (or maybe you already have that figured out). :D

Bob

Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:09 pm

John, I'm happy to move half that load, with mine. You're abusing the poor machine!. (Plus, smaller loads, mean more seat time!)
Ed

Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:01 pm

Not as heavy a load as it looks, all that wood has been seasoned for 2 or 3 years. I have an air tight stove with a thermostat that will not burn wood that has been dried for less than a year. 2 to 3 is better.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:31 am

That wood appears to be Oak; still pretty heavy even after setting for that long. Another demonstration what a Cub can do.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:43 am

John, I like your loader, and your set up. Seems to work great.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:00 am

I want one of those.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:02 am

Nice idea with the wood room. that's planning ahead. What is the wood in the pic, sassafras or maybe cherry?

Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi John,
A Great system of loading, transporting, and storing into the wood room. :{_}: Must be a very big firebox in your stove if it will take in that size of a log. :?: :?:
Keep warm,
Bernard,
Donegal Cub.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:40 pm

it is nice to see the cubs working.John what type wood burner do you have

Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:57 pm

That chore would be a lot more exciting if you would drop that extra set of weights on the back.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:01 pm

Smokeycub wrote:...... What is the wood in the pic, sassafras or maybe cherry?
Mostly Oak, with a little other stuff mixed in.

Jack wrote:....John what type wood burner do you have
It is a Sears air tight circulator with a thermostat draft. My old stove was getting cracks in the firebox and I found this one used 4 or 5 years ago. It was 20 or so years old, but had been used so little it looked like a brand new one. With it being in the basement I really like the thermostat draft, but you have to clean the chimney more often on an air tight stove than a normal one.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:02 pm

TomE wrote:That chore would be a lot more exciting if you would drop that extra set of weights on the back.
Actually there are 3 sets. One on the inside of each wheel. 8)