This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

More governer help

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Steve in Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years

More governer help

Postby Steve in Mo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:03 am

As you all suggested I soaked the pivot and got it loose. However it is still very tight it will not move back and forth with the throtle control. I can move it both ways with a screw driver as a pry byt that is all. I have all the other linkage disconneted so they are not the problem. Is there any chance that it is just because the engine is not warmmed up??? It has been pretty cold here for two weeks and I have not had the tractor running. I hate to pull the gov. off if there is any chance something else is wrong.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: More governer help

Postby Cecil » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:08 am

The arm should move very freely. If you need a screw driver to move it keep spraying penetrant on it and work it back and forth. It will eventually free all the way.

Return to “Farmall Cub”