This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1955 Cub new owner

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jack
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16353
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1955 International 300 Utility
2018 JD loader/ backhoe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 1955 Cub new owner

Postby Jack » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:17 pm

if the previous owner had all the wiring off, or disconnected, you might want to polarize your generator again, that may be why its not charging

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Blue%2 ... age-51.jpg
Circle of Safety Pine Meadows Farm :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:54 pm

A Missouri welcome to you! Nice looking '55 Cub. You're first Cub and pushing snow with it already. How awesome! 8)

FYI: You had a "(I think)" in regard to your picture posting. Whenever you create a post, just select the "Preview" button before you hit the "Submit" button at the bottom of your post. What comes up will show you exactly what your post will look like. So, if you have a missing pic or something not look right, you have the chance to correct it before you submit it.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Fireman Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97123

Postby Fireman Bob » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Looks like a very clean unrestored example , a great one to start with.
55 is my favorite year with the down swept exhaust , stainless side emblems and still had the red painted grille. good luck on the restoration.
I am just finishing a complete restoration on a late 1955 model as well so feel free to PM me if you have any questions specific to that year but these guys are the best with a extensive knowledge base of all things cub!

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:03 pm

I wouldn't be in too big of hurry to buy parts or even restore it (unless you need a big project). It is a nice looking Cub as it is, a bit of electrical work (new harness??) and you may be all set.

Take a look at all the electrical connections, especially the battery. You may be able to spot a problem just by looking at it.

Enjoy your Cub, never seen one at a yard sale!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Buzzard Wing wrote:... never seen one at a yard sale!

Larry,

You're looking in the wrong yards. I think Barnyard got his first one at a Yard Sale, and look what happened to him. 51 of those puppies at last count. :) :)

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Bill Hudson wrote: I think Barnyard got his first one at a Yard Sale, and look what happened to him.

Actually the first came along because of a yard sale, but close enough. :lol: http://www.farmallcub.com/dcms/content/it-all-started-yard-sale, but #10 was at a yard sale. http://www.savethecub.com/savedcubs/barnyard/harpo.htm
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

palisades8
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10954

Postby palisades8 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:09 pm

"I wouldn't be in too big of hurry to buy parts or even restore it (unless you need a big project)"

The original plan was to buy an old tractor for a piece of lawn art. (always looking for something to get under the neighbors skin) :lol:
I live in a suburban neighborhood and the neighbors aren't used to someone lighting up the tires on an old muscle car or seeing a prewar car being worked on in the driveway. (actually, i don't think any of them have ever seen a prewar car before)

Anyway, when I found the Cub, I new it was the one. Not too big, pretty good looking, runs, and had a snow plow

So, she will work during the winter every time it snows, while I put together a list of things needed to bring her back to her former glory
She won't get a full nut and restoration, but the goal is to take care of any basic mechanical issues (tune up, new wiring and anything major I may uncover) and make her pretty (new paint, emblems and replace the rusted metal (battery box, tool box and platform) all the sheet metal is in good shape
So far, I need the battery box, tool box, wiring harness (Think I will order from Brillmans) head lights (last owner took them apart to put in sealed beams and all I have left is the buckets) and emblems, they are all missing

A little tinkering tomorrow to see what else I uncover and I will post some more pictures

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:36 pm

I consistently use two Cubs, both have a fast hitch (usually a Mott mower attached) and either a 54 blade or a loader. They are a couple of hundred miles apart. Tractors are like toys, no fun if you don't use em.

I am a fan of replacing the harness, can solve or prevent a lot of issues. I like a braided ground to the base of the battery box.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”