This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Starting a new project 1960 Lowboy

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: Starting a new project 1960 Lowboy

Postby Scrivet » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:22 pm

I don't think you have to do anything to the clutch pedal. Just make sure you get the visible part of the brake shaft really clean before you try to slide it through the "clutch shaft tube". I haven't taken one apart yet but when I do it will go back together with LOTS of antisieze on the brake shaft. I like antisieze :D and you don't have to apologize to me, I like WD-40.

Isn't your second cub just a little small for any quality seat time? :lol:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

shultzie
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby shultzie » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:20 am

Update:
It's been a brutal winter and I haven't worked on it much. I had my friend over to help get the clutch/brake shaft out yesterday. Wow I thought we would never get it out, but it finally came out. :{_}:
Gonna get the rear wheels and tires put on this week and then take it to the owners so he can tinker with it this summer. I have too much to do to keep it in my garage this summer. So my winter project is on hold until this fall after the leaves are down. See you in the fall! :D
Attachments
Img_3276-small.jpg
Img_3276-small.jpg (85.09 KiB) Viewed 227 times

shultzie
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby shultzie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:21 am

Got the new "Stones" on and rolled it out of the garage until next fall.
Attachments
Img_3279-small.jpg
Img_3279-small.jpg (76.7 KiB) Viewed 193 times

shultzie
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby shultzie » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:08 pm

Hey, remember me? :lol:
Well I'm back on this project. I know it should've been done a long time ago. I had my own project to work on last winter, so this was set on the back burner. The good news is that my friend worked on it some so now it's just basically ready to assemble.
The first thing that we have to do now is figure out the clutch shaft that we had a :censored: of a time getting out and I broke it early on.
I see the diagram that was posted, but just how does it get hooked up the the clutch to work? I really don't understand it.
Dang I wish I was the one that took it apart! :-x
Thanks in advance and it's good to be back.

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:44 pm

Not sure which part of the clutch you're referring to or which diagram so let's start with this one from Rudi's Manuals.
Page-40.jpg

The flange with the bolt on the clutch pedal is attached to a "pipe" that the left brake shaft fits inside of. There is a bracket on the "pipe" inside the torque tube that the rod running forward to the throwout bearing is attached to. The throwout bearing hanger is two pieces bolted together with the short leg of the "L" pointing to the rear and attached to the rod from the "pipe". Make sure the grease fitting on the throwout bearing is pointing down and the graphite is pointing forward when you bolt it together.

shultzie
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby shultzie » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:37 pm

Scrivet,
Thanks. That might just answer my questions.
The tractor is not at my house this time, so I'll have to wait until the week end to check it out.
I'm guessing a few parts may have gotten lost.
Thanks again! :tractor:

Return to “Farmall Cub”