PTO Pulley

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Papa's Cub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 31553
Tractors Owned: 1966 Int'l Cub w/mower 2005 Farm-Trac, 7ft Harrows, 1976 Int'l Cub Woods 59-C-2 Turn Plow w/Depth Full set of cultivators, Harrows and complete Planter & Fertilizer unit
Circle of Safety: Y

PTO Pulley

Postby Papa's Cub » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:41 am

Yesterday while greasing my cubs I noticed the PTO pulley on the one with the Danco 42" mower was larger (about 7") than the PTO pulley driving the Woods 59 mower (about 5"). I was just wondering if this is correct? Both of them perform well at mowing grass. Like I said, just wondering, Papa.
If you always do what you've always done -- you'll always get what you've always got!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: PTO Pulley

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:16 pm

so far as I know, that is correct. I believe the Woods and Danco both used an 8 inch pto pulley and the 59 inch version of both used one of 6 or 6 1/2 inches. Pulleys are sized to give the ends of the mower blades a certain inch per second speed, though I do not know the figure they thought was optimum.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!