battery recommendation

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:29 pm

The 6 volt battery on my cub bit the dust. I would appreciate any recommendations on a good 6 volt battery.

Re: battery recommendation

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:50 pm

Tractor Supply or BatteriesPlus

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:15 am

NAPA or any place that sells Interstate batteries. Ask if they can get you a Group 1 or Group 19L blem.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:31 pm

I got mine at AutoZone - they actually had it in stock, and they were the best price. So far, it has held up as well as the ones I used to buy at NAPA.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:05 pm

I have found that my local Tractor Supply sells a 6 volt battery for about $45. $55 if you don't turn in an old battery. However not all stores sell the battery for that price. Others stores are apparently selling the battery for $89. We talked about this is a while ago on another thread here. I put one in my 56 Cub this fall. So far it works very well in the Cub.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Around here, MA, TSC and every one else wants 90+ dollars for a 6 volt, I went to advanced auto shelf price 101 dollars searched internet for advance auto coupon found one for 40 dollars off a 100 dollar purchase so 61 dollars was net with a core that was last week Chuck

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:07 pm

chuck ma wrote:Around here, MA, TSC and every one else wants 90+ dollars for a 6 volt, I went to advanced auto shelf price 101 dollars searched internet for advance auto coupon found one for 40 dollars off a 100 dollar purchase so 61 dollars was net with a core that was last week Chuck

Yep, that's what I do to. There is always good coupons for Advance Auto, order online and pick up at store.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/advanceautoparts.com