This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cleaning air intake

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Will 48Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

cleaning air intake

Postby Will 48Cub » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:01 pm

Other than changing the oil in the bowl at the bottom of the air intake assembly, what else should be done in terms of cleaning maintenance for the air intake on my 48 cub? (for example, is the screen, and anything else in the air cleaner assembly removeable for cleaning?) thanks!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:08 pm

welcome back. we have n't heard from you in almost a year. How aere the tie rod ends doing?

Clean the screen in the cap with diesel or Kero nd oil it with 30 wt. you can do the same with the oilk dip stick too.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

mac
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mac » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:39 pm

Just an added note to what Bill said. While you have the assembly apart make sure that the breathing tube that is part of the assembly that connect to you block is free and clear of any blockage. Soak it in carb cleaner then blow it out. This will make sure that not only your carb getting the proper air but also your crankcase.

Will 48Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Will 48Cub » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:35 pm

Thanks for your responses Bill & Mike.

I don't think I'm as far as I should be in terms of disassembling my air cleaner though, and I'm not sure how to go about it--all I've done is removed the bowl at the bottom of the assembly == will the rest of it (above the bowl) come out too? I couldn't find any info on this in my cub manual.

Bill

PS==tie rod end still working great

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:03 am

The cap is the one on top of the hood that the air claener leads to. The tube is a piece of thin from the front of the engine on the carburator side.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

mac
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mac » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:29 am

the whole assembly is attacch by two bolts on the engine block. If I recall it is a half inch bolt.Once you have the hood/gas tank off you will be able to see how it comes apart easier. Again make sure you soak it like bill said,clean the tube that gose into the engine block, and then blow everything out with some air. Reassemble , ut some clean oil in the bowl and you should be all set

Return to “Farmall Cub”