Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:51 pm

I hae a rather dumb question, I just got a farmall Cub from a friend,my quedtion is what are the two holes in the right side of the hood for? thank you Stan :?:

Re: hood

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:15 pm

To lubricate the generator.


Re: hood

Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:59 am

No sutch thing as a DUMB QUESTION around here.

Welcome to the forum.

Re: hood

Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:11 am

I have found these to be very handy for oiling the generator. There is a thin spout that pulls out to about 8 or 10 inches long, and makes putting oil in the cups handier. I did nto say easy, I said handy, you still have to reach under the hood and use one hand to open the oil cap while holding the oiler in the other hand. The oilers are available at most heating aircondtioning parts places as well as many hardware stores. They come with oil in them already (turbine oil), but are refillable.

Picture compliments of ZORO tools

Re: hood

Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:19 am

The "Zoom oiler" mentioned by John in above post is available at auto parts stores. Just has a different brand name and container shape.

Also very handy for filling the radiator fan's reservoir.