This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Electrical question.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jeff D. N.E. Wis.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Electrical question.

Postby Jeff D. N.E. Wis. » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:55 pm

Hi guys. Just a quick question. On our 49 Cub I am switching the ignition back over to a mag. Also the PO had switched the charging system over to 12 volt. I want to bring it back to 6 volt. This Cub supposedly was built in mid 1949. The parts manual calls out for 2 different set ups. One with the cutout relay mounted on top of the gen and one with the voltage reg. mounted by itself on a separate plate. Which would be correct? Thanks for any and all comments.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:06 pm

My 49 has a cutout and I believe that is correct.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:37 pm

49 would have a cutout, and a 4 position head light switch. New switches aren't the smae, will have to find an old one if the original is'nt there.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:45 pm

'49s should have all had the cut-out charging system. The instrument panel changed from long ear to short ear during '49. This changed location of some electrical items on the panel.

mac
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mac » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:58 am

The relay should be mounted on top of the gen.If you need to rewire the harness it is availible through your IH dealer for around 50 bucks. The harness is called a four wire and is worth the investment.

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:02 am

HI JEFF.
Do you already have a mag? If Yes what will you do with the Distributor?
Let me know if you need anything for a mag or a mag also.
JON