This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rear light hookup

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Rear light hookup

Postby freebird » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:32 am

My cub has a simple headlight switch, off-dim-bright. I got an oem rear light harness to install and the diagram I have showed the hot lead to the light hooks to a screw on the switch just under the screw holding the resistor. I hooked the pink (ground) leads up with one going to the dash mount bolt and the other to the ground on the light. This ground was a redundant ground since my rear light grounds itself on the light housing. Any suggestions? The hole that housed the fuse has been replaced with a pull switch, so I could use that if the above mentioned has any problems.
Tell the truth, there's less to remember!

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:44 am

Just connect the hot lead for the tail light to the same terminal as the headlights. You are right, the grounds are redundant but it certainly won't hurt anything.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:00 pm

Your first connection was correct, but will also work the way Bigdog mentioned. The first terminal you mentioned will turn the rear lightt on bright anytinme the lights are on rather than being dim in the first position as it would be if you hooked it to the headlight screw. Alos, I assume your headlight switch does not have a fuse on it, and you mentioned there was a switch where the fuse originaly was. Has your fuse just been relocated? You do need a fuse in that circuit in case of a short in the wiring.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby freebird » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:04 am

I wired up the light using the screw I mentioned and it works great. I did put an inline fuse in between the kill switch and light switch. Now that I don't need the extra switch I am going to order an oem fuse holder and douoble-check my routing.
Here's an odd thing also. I somehow wired the new ammeter backwards. WHen I took off the old one I labeled the wires on the harness. In fact the way the harness was built, one wire is longer to reach the further terminal. I polarized the generator a few times to ensure all was correct. I have a custom wire that I use to reach the bat terminal for polarizing because in the old days i was constantly losing polarity. It's holding now since I had the gen rebuilt, new regulator. I cleaned all connections and used a dab of electrical "grease" on all connections to prevent oxidation. I also put star washers between the regulator and plate and between gen mount bracket and engine block. I'll update when I get the meter wired right. THanks for all the help. I'll post some pics sometime this weekend.
Tell the truth, there's less to remember!

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

Return to “Farmall Cub”