This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I am confused about the Farmall and Internation cubs

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mike langran
10+ Years
10+ Years

I am confused about the Farmall and Internation cubs

Postby mike langran » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:43 am

I bought this cub (#250884). It's a 1973, 154 loboy, right? It's paint is yellow and white ,right? Can you use the same manual for this tractor on the Cub I got a while back?It's a 1948 (#37610)? It's paint is Farmall red.
thanks, Mike (from East Texas)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:53 am

This should help you figure out what tractor you have:

http://www.atis.net/CubFAQ/cub_faq.html

Scroll down to the bottom for pictures of Cub variants.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:16 am

Mike, many of the assemblies such as engine, transmission, are the practically the same, however there are many differences such as clutch, starter, generator, pto, hydralics, etc. I suggest you get the proper manual either from your local dealer or from http://www.binderbooks.com.

The difference is not IH/Farmall, rather it is just the model As the cubs became used more and more for industrial operations such as mowing, street sweeping, they went from the Farmall to the International name on them as a sales idea. the tractor of a particular modle was the same regardles of which ame was on it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:50 pm

Mike:

Not sure if I welcomed you to the forum properly or not, but if I didn't, please accept my apologies and consider yourself welcomed to the greatest forum on the internet and where the best folks in the world hang out to talk Cubs and stuff.

I won't include my usual blurb for the welcome, but I wanted to answer as best as I can your questions, and most of the useful info will be here anyways.

I bought this cub (#250884). It's a 1973, 154 loboy, right? It's paint is yellow and white ,right?

1. Your Cub's serial number - (#250884), actually equates to a 1977 International Cub neither a Lo-boy nor the Numbered Series 154. Yours would be the standard row crop Cub. Check here for your serial number, Cub FAQ's #1. Also, you will see that the serial numbers on the Number Series Cubs do not go into the 250,000 range as yours is, so it totally eliminates the Number Series from consideration.

2. A Cub Lo-boy 154 is not the same as a Farmall Cub or even the International Cub Lo-Boy. It is what replaced the offset Cubs in the 70's until there production run ended in the early 80's. They are similar to the Lo-boy in that they are much lower to the ground than a regular Cub.

To my mind if I remember correctly, these were more for estate lawn mowers and garden tractors where row crops were not a priority hence no need for a higher clearance. They also came with quite a bit more horsepower. The 154 had 15.4 Hp, the 184 - 18.4 and the 185 had 18.5. That is what the model number equates to.

The Manuals for this particular Number Series Cub are on the Cub Manual Server under the Number Series Cub link.

Can you use the same manual for this tractor on the Cub I got a while back?It's a 1948 (#37610)? It's paint is Farmall red.

3. As for the Manuals - yup they are basically the same as the original Cubs and Lo-Boys. The GSS-1411 Service Manual does cover all the versions of the Cub and Lo-Boy. However, some of the Parts Manuals such TC-37A Parts Calalog which is the earliest one, will not cover items such as the hood/tank, front grille etc. You would need a later manual such as the TC-37F Revision 3.

As John indicated, the best manuals you can get for your Cubs are available at Binder Books, who are the only licensed reproduction house for IH Manuals. If you do not have them already, then whilst you await your own manuals, please feel free to peruse the online versions, as that is what they are there for. Also, you can print a page that you need for the shop and not dirty up your good Manuals :!: :idea: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jack
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16353
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1955 International 300 Utility
2018 JD loader/ backhoe

Postby Jack » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:00 pm

im a new cub owner...where can I find a operators manual for a 1956... and what type of fluid do i put in my tranny/pto im getting a grinding noise when i ingage the pto as if it wasnt riding the gears right...
thanks

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:21 pm

Jack, you can purchase manuals from Binder Books http://www.binderbooks.com

The tranny gets 90 wt. gear lube or hy-tran fluid. I'd drain it first then refill with the recommended amount. You might also want to check out the pto section of the cub FAQs and read up on pto issues.

http://www.antique-tractor.com/CubFAQ/cub_faq_2.html#q4
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”