Cub Trailer??

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:27 pm

Is this possibly an IH Trailer?

Re: Cub Trailer??

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:36 pm

It's possible but doubtful. There looks to be no dump latch, the front bracing sticks out a little far on the tongue and it looks like it may have leaf springs. It may be a Hercules brand.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Sorry... Don't think that it is. Looks a little too deep and a not quite wide or long enough...

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Have no idea either way but I like the loops on the sides for tie downs.
I'm still trying to figure out the reason for the steps to nowhere though.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:47 am

This looks very similar to a pick-up bed that's on something we made on the farm in the late 1960's from some 1950's pick-up chassis that Dad collected from somewhere. The braces at the tailgate makes me think Dodge, but we also had an IH truck chassis there too as I recall.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Drop the tailgate, put steps on the ground, passengers then have easy access into the trailer, that's my 2 cents worth.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:52 pm

artjh wrote:Drop the tailgate, put steps on the ground, passengers then have easy access into the trailer, that's my 2 cents worth.
Better than my idea which is NONE! Hadn't considered them for that since they are all the way at the front. Maybe it's their storage position? I'm not even going to think about why the bench/rail/whatever doesn't go all the way across the front. I thought that was because of something to do with the steps............