This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Steering gear bolts

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Steering gear bolts

Postby Glen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:35 pm

Hi,
After seeing Ken's post about his front bolster together again, I thought I'd remind everyone to check the 5 bolts in the circle under your front bolster, that hold the 2 pieces together, at the steering gear. They have to take all the stress of the front axle and the front wheels hitting bumps for years. They worked loose a little on one of my Cubs several years ago. There's only one dowel pin there, I guess, so that doesn't hold the halves from twisting too well. Here's a pic from the parts book, the bolts hold numbers 21 and 11 together. You probably know, click on the pic makes it bigger. :)

http://www.farmallcub.info/manuals/cub_ ... 005-02.jpg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”