Turnip and Greens Patch

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Beware what happens when you buy a Cub. You might end up with way to much garden!

Salet patch 92713.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Turnip and Greens Patch

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:25 pm

That's not a bad thing. A buddy of mine sold $1,500 worth of turnip greens a couple of years ago. He had them in his pickup bed and sold them by the bushel. He measured out a bushel in a basket and then transferred them to a trash bag for the customer. This was all done in a few days.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:17 pm

I know exactly what you mean. That looks really familiar. :lol: :lol:

And the 6 rows of okra next to the corn....I broke and sold enough okra to pay for 3 pretty good Cubs, well my kind of Cubs....the ones that are not running or need some TLC.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:34 pm

looks like some for the deer also.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:12 pm

ShineRunner wrote:Beware what happens when you buy a Cub. You might end up with way to much garden!

Salet patch 92713.jpg

Nice looking salad patch :D

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:19 am

No deer in the greens so far. I did see a nice buck and a doe on the corner of my property yesterday morning about a 1/4 mile away from the patch. I did well on my potatoes this season, tomatoes, corn and peppers did ok. I have about 3/4 acre in gourds and pumpkins and the deer damaged one section of the pumpkins and so far have not messed with the rest.