Battery Cable Clips - Under Seat Platform

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:18 pm

I've looked on TM and elsewhere and don't see the clips that go under the platform to hold the starter wire. Were do you get them from? If you've made them could you supply me the dimensions?

As always, thanks for your help, Ken

Re: Battery Cable Clips - Under Seat Platform

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:53 pm

I think I got some at the hardware store.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Ken:

These are what I use since I cannot find any of the originals. How To Build A Replacement Battery Cable Just need to get the correct size to fit your battery cable.

Grote - Vinyl Insulated Steel Clamps

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:07 pm

Try OEM Tractor Parts.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Found this company elecDirect I like the price and at least the appearance of a carefully manufactured product. Once my wire comes from Brillman - I'll measure and order.

Ken

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 am

I've received these and I really like them.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:31 am

Ken, If you bought the 100 pack, you need to buy about 25 more Cubs to use them up. :D

Bob

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:37 am

Bob McCarty wrote:Ken, If you bought the 100 pack, you need to buy about 25 more Cubs to use them up. :D

Bob

Bob, I bought a 100 pack and at 3 per FCUB according to the GSS-1012 Electrical Equipment Service Manual - I think I'll need to purchase 31 more Cubs and I'm okay with that :D :D . I'll have use for the others over the years. They'll make good BX cable clamps when I wire the restored barns at the farm. They are now all painted, drying getting ready for installation.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Well gents - what appeared to be a good idea the time has failed. Been laughing at myself a lot this week. :D

And as Paul Harvey once said "And Now the Rest of the Story"

I was so excited to get the new battery cable from Brillman - I quickly measured it and ordered the clamps. Mistake number one - I forgot that another wire has to run in those cable clamps. Mistake number two - the clamps I purchased won't work near the clutch pedal. I fiddled around and modified one, but it still was unsatisfactory.

Solution, I ordered the 3 original cable clips from JP Tractor Salvage. 2 of them are the same and one is different near the clutch pedal.

In the end it was fun to try! :D

Fortunately - I have future use for the 97 clamps I have left (Don) :D