This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch Control Leak?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jsmit
10+ Years
10+ Years

Touch Control Leak?

Postby jsmit » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:39 pm

I finally fired up my completely rebuilt cub, Touch Control included. Everything seeming works lifts up / down but oil was leaking out the main / upper piston that move the rockshaft back and forth (the one with the lg. boot) What does this mean, unseated o-ring, o-ring too small? too much oil in unit? Heeeelllllpppppp!

Thanks
JS
Cub is running again! Just troubleshooting now!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:12 pm

JS,

Did you also re-build the touch control :?: If so there are a couple of things that can cause the leak. First the "O" ring on the piston could have been pinched at re-assembly. Second the shaft that is bolted to the piston could be loose (don't ask). Both are time consuming but easy to fix.
8)

jsmit
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jsmit » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:21 am

I did rebuild it, I am thinking along the same lines: pinched or undersized o-ring, the kit comes with a zillion of em' Anyway, I need to get into it again now to fix it. The herky jerky motion would be due to lack of fluid (from the leak) I assume. Thanks for your help.
JS
Cub is running again! Just troubleshooting now!

jimkeesl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub hydralic rebuild kit?

Postby jimkeesl » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:27 pm

Where did you get the rebuild kit? My Cub leaks hydralic oil, comes out the bottom under and behind the clutch housing---haven't been able to
see where it's coming from!

Thanks for info!
...left the farm 40 years ago but going back!

jimkeesl at iserv dot net

Return to “Farmall Cub”