This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub LoBoy loosing hyraulic oil

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DonMountain
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65101

Re: Cub LoBoy loosing hyraulic oil

Postby DonMountain » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:41 pm

pickerandsinger wrote:I don't even bother with Case/IH or Auto Parts stores anymore....Speaking for myself, it ain't worth the hassle ....Not only do they balk at waiting on you, most of them don't know Jack :evil: Much easier to deal with the internet and TM etc....PS I bought my wife a used Craftsman 26 HP 48 inch deck for 500.00...Worth every penny...

I guess I just find it easier to just drive into town and have the parts in my hands and go home and do the job. Especially if my wife says "get-er-done or else". We do have one of those Craftsman mowers too. But the starter bolt that goes into the side of the aluminum engine block broke off a chunk of the engine block so the only way we can get it started is by taking off the screen on top the engine and cranking it with an old drill with a bolt socket mounted in it. Not a good solution. Ours is 24 horsepower I think, but they must be a lot smaller horses than the Cub. The Cub will still out mow it. I am kind of being lazy on this deal too. I do have a 6' wide finishing mower I can mount on my Farmall Super C tractor too. But I have to remove the belly dozer blade to do that and I need to regrade the driveway and don't want to switch them back and forth. Even with the Fast Hitch on it two people are handy to mount and unmount stuff.
1959 International Cub Lo-Boy W/Fast hitch, 59 Woods, dozer blade, plow
1954 Farmall Super C W/Fast hitch, belly dozer blade
1950 Farmall M

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby pickerandsinger » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:44 pm

She just asked me the following question as I was late for the dinner table....Did you also tell the fellow, first you bought me the 53 Cub, and then the Craftsman, and I traded you the 53 for the Craftsman :||): So you ended up with another Cub :shock: .....( Actually she didn't like the operation of driving the tractor with the mower engaged etc... :lol: )....So I took it off her hands.... :roll: You could try that....Buy her a Cub... :{_}: .....Dave
In Memory of 58,286

DonMountain
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65101

Postby DonMountain » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:55 pm

pickerandsinger wrote:She just asked me the following question as I was late for the dinner table....Did you also tell the fellow, first you bought me the 53 Cub, and then the Craftsman, and I traded you the 53 for the Craftsman :||): So you ended up with another Cub :shock: .....( Actually she didn't like the operation of driving the tractor with the mower engaged etc... :lol: )....So I took it off her hands.... :roll: You could try that....Buy her a Cub... :{_}: .....Dave

Hey now. This Cub has been real trouble in my relation with my wife ever since we got married about 16 years ago. She brought along with her a 13 year old city girl of a daughter. And she hated me with a passion. A week after we came back from the honeymoon I took that little punk of a kid outside and told her to mow the grass. Pure hate flew from her eyes. I took her over to the shed and pulled the Cub Lo-Boy out and showed her how to operate it. Big mistake that was. Now that she has graduated from college and has a good job, the only thing she wants to do with us is to come home and mow the grass with the Cub.
1959 International Cub Lo-Boy W/Fast hitch, 59 Woods, dozer blade, plow
1954 Farmall Super C W/Fast hitch, belly dozer blade
1950 Farmall M

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog

Postby pickerandsinger » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:19 pm

Amen ...... :mrgreen:
In Memory of 58,286

Metrocub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53533
Tractors Owned: 1959 LoBoy w/fast hitch, mower, push blade and plow

Postby Metrocub » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:39 pm

From reading post from guys having less then stellar service at Case dealers I for one am very happy with the Case dealer in Cobb WI. Called them on the phone ref TC block, then took it in just to be certain I got the correct rebuild kit. Service person was very interested in the Cub and we talked about it for 30 minutes. My dealer interested in all of the older tractors and everyone who takes the time and energy to keep them running and/or returning them to near original condition or better. Have also delt with TM Tractor and can not say enough good. Part orders are put together the day I order and get them within 2 day on average. Great company to do business with. Just my 2 cents worth.

Return to “Farmall Cub”