New Bigger ETank

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Had to make a bigger tank to save blasting time. I blast after the etank has done it's magic. For this one I used 1/4" x 2 New Steel and 30 gallon tub from Lowes. the wire is 10 Gauge Twisted Wire. I used 1/4 SS Bolts (had them laying around) with Wing Nuts - so I can easily remove the steel for cleaning. I AM A HUGE FAN OF ETANKS :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

IMG_2467 (800x600).jpg

IMG_2468 (800x600).jpg

IMG_2469 (800x600).jpg

IMG_2473 (800x600).jpg

IMG_2483 (800x600).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: New Bigger ETank

Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Hey Ken, Didn't I read somewhere that filling those "rectangular" tubs will make it want to balloon out in a circle and that you have to put a band or some sort of gizmo around them ( like a wine barrel )....to prevent that....Maybe not but thought I'd mention it...Let me know how you make out when you fill it as I'm going to build one also.... :thanx: Dave....PS I might be thinking of gardening boxes filled with dirt...

Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:59 pm

That's a good thing to watch for. What might do is attach a piece of band iron under the rim on both sides with the middle bolt being an eye bolt. I would use a heavy wire like a screen door hook to span it. Easily removed for putting something in or removing from the tank.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ken

Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:01 pm

You're probably right Pickerandsinger. That's when you have that oops moment, lol! I'm using a 100 gallon Rubbermaid water tank.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:48 pm

pickerandsinger wrote:Hey Ken, Didn't I read somewhere that filling those "rectangular" tubs will make it want to balloon out in a circle and that you have to put a band or some sort of gizmo around them ( like a wine barrel )....to prevent that....Maybe not but thought I'd mention it...Let me know how you make out when you fill it as I'm going to build one also.... :thanx: Dave....PS I might be thinking of gardening boxes filled with dirt...

That is exactly what happens.....dont ask me how I know :roll:

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:52 am

Nice setup! As you noticed, electrolysis is a rust converter, you still need to sand blast, wire brush, or whatever afterwards.

I have used trash cans and wood frames with a plastic liner in the past for a tank but now have a 150 gallon stock tank. If it does not fall apart then it is a good tank. Your tank may bow at the sides but should not fall apart.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:22 pm

clodhopper wrote:
pickerandsinger wrote:Hey Ken, Didn't I read somewhere that filling those "rectangular" tubs will make it want to balloon out in a circle and that you have to put a band or some sort of gizmo around them ( like a wine barrel )....to prevent that....Maybe not but thought I'd mention it...Let me know how you make out when you fill it as I'm going to build one also.... :thanx: Dave....PS I might be thinking of gardening boxes filled with dirt...

That is exactly what happens.....dont ask me how I know :roll:

Sometimes they not only bulge out, they split..... :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
Al