Does ANYONE have a '55 cub with a vertical exhaust?

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:45 am

I"ve got a '55 cub w/ a underslung exhaust. For whatever reason, I never liked underslung exhausts. To me, tractors are SUPPOSED to have a vertical exhaust in front of you to block your view, spew carbon and unburned fuel on your hood and exhaust fumes in your face.. its just supposed to be that way!
I'd cut my hood and put in a vertical exhaust if it was ever actually an option on a '55, but can't bring myself to do it if it wasn't. If anyone has a true '55 w/ the correct hood and a vertical exhaust, I'd love to see a pic of it.

Re: Does ANYONE have a '55 cub with a vertical exhaust?

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:31 am

my 55 is underslung as well... I like that it gives the tractor a more streamlined appearance, but Sometimes i find myself wishing it was vertical just so i could see how the engine is doing (smoke etc) without bending over backwards! not to mention it's kinda scary how close the exhaust manifold comes to the fuel line :shock:

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:10 pm

It was an option up until the last cubs I believe

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:50 pm

I have a 1976 cub that had a original vertical exhaust.. I installed a under slung exhaust because tree branches.. going through the woods there is always that one branch..

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:28 pm

I have a '62 Cub Loboy with a vertical exhaust. It is a Customized Cub I believe. See brocure in TM's site for a Customized Cub. There will be a picture. Good luck! Hope you can find what you are looking for. Frank

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:04 pm

From what I can tell, the vertical exhaust was discontinued in late '54, not even available as an option. At some later date ('56?), the vertical exhaust was reinstituted as an option and remained so until the end of production. So I believe the answer to your specific question is no, it was not an option in '55.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Thanks for all of the responses... I'm a tad disappointed that a vertical exhaust appears to be not an original option for the '55. Just can't bring myself to cut a hole in a hood that was never supposed to have one, so I guess I'll just get used to it.........