Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Moderator: Team Cub
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds
or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
I have a '49 Cub and the rear main seal leaks. I have split the tractor and confirmed the seal leak. I know from this Forum the retainer needs to be modified but I cannot find who does the modification. References and web links are out of date. Can someone provide a name and phone number or active link for the modification?
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:38 pm
- Zip Code: 01473
G'day to you and welcome to both you and your '49 Cub
For the Rear Main Seal send a PM to tst
- aka Tim Tailleur. He is the one doing them at the moment. If I am not mistaken I have removed the links in the Specialty Services for the others who were doing them as they no longer do. I will get Tim updated once I get all his info. Keep forgetting that.
Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information
, it will point you to
the Welcome Wagon
wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of the most important resources are Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogs and Service Manuals. The Cub Manual Server
is the home of the jpg versions and the PDF Manuals
-- well the pdf's of course
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship
- Team Cub
- Posts: 28425
- Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:37 pm
- Location: NB Dieppe, Canada
- Zip Code: E1A7J3
- eBay ID: ve9rhs
- Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
- Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1951 Cub "Jethro"
IH 129 CC
- Circle of Safety: Y
- Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM
Welcome to the forum! Tim's ad for the retainers is located in the new classified section under services.
Best of luck,
- 501 Club
- Posts: 2609
- Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:05 pm
- Location: OH, Liberty Township (45044) (southwest OH)
- Zip Code: 45044
- Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub
a few plows, mowers, blades & such
Several '61 CC Originals, CC Narrow Frames- 70 & 100's, 71, Couple 102's & 122's, 72, 124, 73, various CC options & implements #2 Trailer, 1963 Springfield
- Circle of Safety: Y
Return to Farmall Cub
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Glen, jpcubs, Spuds Buddy and 12 guests