This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Leaky touch control hydraulics

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Leaky touch control hydraulics

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:31 am

169Cub wrote:[How do those lines come off? I was reading and it looks like they pop off the pump housing.

Yup - look at the parts breakdown below. 2 bolts at the pump housing and you already have them off of the reservoir.

169Cub wrote:It is a 40x60 building with a 20x40 fully enclosed, heated, insulated shop that I am also going to have a smaller man cave in, plus a small woodshop in there. The tractors will have to move out into the shed when larger wood projects are being worked, but none the less, it is awesome. It is far from clean though! I have many hours organizing and hanging peg board, installing extra work benches, etc. And I still have many hours to go. :( It is hard going through things and deciding what to keep and what to "scrap". Anyone need a really nice 60 gallon Craftsman air compressor with some air tools? :lol:

Sounds like what I have been doing for the last 25 years. Having a shop means constant organizing .. :lol: It has been 4 years that I have been trying to complete my pole barn extension on my cabinet shop and now the cabinet shop needs new floors and rebuild the workstations. Having a insulated and heated shop is ... well heaven isn't it :?: :D

More pics of your shop and wood shop would be nice... remember ... Image
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Have you taken the pump off the engine yet?
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

169Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54904
eBay ID: jsdnar
Tractors Owned: Original Cub Cadet
169 x2
1957 Farmall Cub
John Deere 3120

Postby 169Cub » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:45 am

No, I haven't removed it yet. I am having a difficult time finding a rebuild kit or just parts to rebuild it.
Lovin' IH for over a decade.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:06 am

TM Tractor still carries kits for both the pump and the block: http://www.tmtractor.com/new/hy/hy_001newparts.htm If you are rebuilding the block, there are two different kits, so you'll need the part # off of yours.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:17 am

169Cub wrote:I am having a difficult time finding a rebuild kit or just parts to rebuild it.
Bob McCarty wrote:TM Tractor still carries kits for both the pump and the block: http://www.tmtractor.com/new/hy/hy_001newparts.htm If you are rebuilding the block, there are two different kits, so you'll need the part # off of yours.
Case/IH dealership or New Holland dealership. At New Holland you will need the IH part numbers for the kit or parts wanted.
I have an excuse. CRS.

169Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54904
eBay ID: jsdnar
Tractors Owned: Original Cub Cadet
169 x2
1957 Farmall Cub
John Deere 3120

Postby 169Cub » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:23 pm

Well, I tore apart my touch control block and using the information on the how to section was helpful. Here is the information the block has the number 360719-R1. The cylinder head has the number 354399 R2. I am at the CaseIH website and they don't have my year tractor listed. It says 1/47-12/53. I have a 57. Will these part numbers work for my 57? Or are the new replacement parts made to fit "all" the farmall cub models?
http://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-se ... model_find

The parts that I need are:

Safety Valve
1 tension spring
Inner bushing
piston

Check Valve
Check valve x2
Inner bushing
Spring

I noticed that the strainer is like $60 bucks. :o Is there anyplace that I can get this for cheaper?

Does anyone have any used parts available? If so, please contact me through PM. Thank you and I hope that someone has some of the internal parts... Some are expensive!
Lovin' IH for over a decade.

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:28 pm

169Cub wrote:...The parts that I need are:

Safety Valve
1 tension spring
Inner bushing
piston

Check Valve
Check valve x2
Inner bushing
Spring

I noticed that the strainer is like $60 bucks. :o Is there anyplace that I can get this for cheaper? ...

Why so many bad parts that need to be replaced? If you really need all those pieces, you may be better off buying a used TC block and robing it of parts than buying new ones from CaseIH. The normal consumeable pieces can be found from TM Tractor, or though a CaseIH dealer.

Stanton did a "how to" for re-screening the old filter/strainer assembly. You can find that post here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77883&hilit=Screen+Hydraulic

Return to “Farmall Cub”