This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

RESTORATION THREADS-PLEASE READ!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

RESTORATION THREADS-PLEASE READ!

Postby Super A » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:53 am

I would like to ask the moderators' indulgence for a moment since this may not be totally 100% on topic. There has been a discussion going on in the Suggestions/Feedback forum about how to add and update discussions regarding members' restoration progress on their Cubs and other machines. Here's a link to the discussion: http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=79845

Anyway I have started a thread about my white demo Super A to show how it works. Basically after I started the thread I created a link in my signature line that will carry the click-er directly to that thread. This makes it very easy for me to find the thread in a week/month/year when it is several pages down, in order to add updates. Then when I add an update, everyone gets to see because the thread will pop back up on top of the list, where it will be easily noticed. Five years from now when the job is done, everyone will have the entire "story" of what went on, all in one thread.

Also, as Rudi pointed out, to keep your sig. line tidy, you can "bury" the URL so that readers don't have to see all the http://www stuff: [url=(insert url)]Insert Name of Thread[/url] (I know just enough HTML to be dangerous so this is a nice feature to me!)

There are some neat projects going on among members, and hopefully folks that are doing a project will take advantage of this. It is a good way to keep everybody informed on what is going on. It is especially nice because it makes it easy for you to go back and update your progress--all you have to do is click the link in your signature. And most importantly, it eliminates the need to add another forum to the website! :D

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: RESTORATION THREADS-PLEASE READ!

Postby Barnyard » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:17 am

Since most restorations are Cubs I think this is the best place to post this. Thanks for posting this. It sure will make it easier to follow a restoration with everything in one thread.

I will sticky this for now so more members will see it before it disappears onto page two or three.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Al,

Thank you for taking the bull by the horns and taking on this idea/project. Impressive start!

The rewards of doing as Al has outlined will reap many benefits for the restorer and the community -- I think we all love history, or else we would not own a piece (or pieces) of it.

Dennis

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:44 pm

I would say too that I don't think you have to be doing a "leave no bolt un-turned" restoration to take advantage of this. For example since I have owned my Cub The Paperweight I have done several odds and ends to it worthy of discussion--but by no means a restoration. Maybe you're doing an engine rebuild, a valve job, adding a deluxe seat, or overhauling the PTO. Or all of the above. This is a good way to chronicle things you do to your tractor and share your progress with the group.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:16 pm

I really like this, and thank AL and all you others for getting this going. I know one of our biggest rewards for all the time, energy and money spent on these beasts, is getting some recognition from our fellow addicts!

I'm curious, though, is there (or can there be) a LIST (with links?) that could show all the "Restoration" threads? Sort of like the "Gatherings and Calendar" link? Otherwise, the only way to know there is one, is to either see it when it is first posted, or notice it in someone's signature. That way, if someone is getting ready to launch a restoration, they can click on one that might be similar to get valuable information.
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:57 am

Dale Finch wrote:I'm curious, though, is there (or can there be) a LIST (with links?) that could show all the "Restoration" threads? Sort of like the "Gatherings and Calendar" link? Otherwise, the only way to know there is one, is to either see it when it is first posted, or notice it in someone's signature. That way, if someone is getting ready to launch a restoration, they can click on one that might be similar to get valuable information.

Dale, that is a good idea; especially as we are starting to get more of them. A new member Nic also suggested something similar.

Let's see what we can come up with that will work for everyone.

Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Cubber68
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29649
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub (Model #26852)
Twitter ID: @leeduffie

Postby Cubber68 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:44 pm

I accidentally got into a restoration project on my 1948 Cub. I was mowing in my back yard one day when she quit running. I'm in way over my head. Suggestions?

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:14 pm

Welcome to the Forum. I'd suggest duplicating your post in the Cub Forum. You'll get more views and more answers. Can you tell us more about what happened and what you've done to try and get it running again?

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Cubber68
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29649
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub (Model #26852)
Twitter ID: @leeduffie

Postby Cubber68 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:24 pm

Yes. I have taken my engine off and had it rebuilt by a small town mechanic. This process has been going on for several years. I have very little time to dedicate to my tractor during the school year, as I am a teacher. I have the rebuilt engine back on the body of the tractor. I did that last summer. Now I'm ready to get some work done this summer. I am not so mechanically inclined, and I did not label (oops!). When all this started, I was investigating "no compression." I guess I just kept taking things apart that seemed to need cleaning. Now I'm at a loss as to how to get her put back together.

I will certainly post in the Cub Forum. Thanks for the info.

Lee

WaldnerIH
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: S0K2L0

Postby WaldnerIH » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:37 pm

I also have a "no compression" issue. Just purchased a 1949 cub that has been sitting for 18 years. Two valves were stuck open but seem to have loosened up now. It still reads no compression on the compression tester! Not sure what to do?

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:29 pm

Welcome to the Forum. I think if you post your question in the Cub Forum as a "new topic", it will get more views and responses. Did you do both a dry and a wet compression test? That will indicate if the rings are stuck or worn. Check that first and maybe squirt some penetrating oil into each cylinder and let it sit for a few days. If you haven't found them already, in the blue tool bar above, you can click on either PDF manuals or Rudi's manuals and find owner's/operator's, service, parts, and implement manuals.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

lggeist
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27603

Postby lggeist » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:08 am

Hi Thanks for posting on the farmall cub. I have been looking for information on IH lo boy cub for a little while.
Thanks for sharing your projects restoring and adjusting the little cubs.
Sincerely,
Lisa Geist

sdosouto
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 02842

Postby sdosouto » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:13 am

Hello All,

I'm in a bit of a jam, my uncle's Farmall Tractor (s/n 214765 J) started leaking tran oil on the right tire on the inside. It appears that it is a seal. When I pulled it appart it looks like the part is 273563R91 C/R. I wanted to look over the manuals to see if that was even the right part but I haven't been able to find one. Am I on the right part or no?

Sailor
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 42261
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
Ser.# 16812
1938 Farmall F-14
Ser# 131806

Postby Sailor » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:01 pm

If you look at the top of this page you will see Rudi's Manuals, they are downloadable. Another place to look is TM Tractor Parts. He is one of our sponsors and has a excellent site for parts.

How did your brake shoes look? Where they soaked with oil?

FYI, this section of the forum rarely gets many visitors. You might want to post your questions in the regular section.
1948 Cub
Cub-22 Mower
Cub-54 Leveling & Grading Blade
Cub-144 Cultivator
Cub-189 Moldboard Plow (direct-Connected, One Bottom, Two-way)
Woods 59 Mower

Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case

Postby Dusty B » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:35 pm

This may be a challenge! Have 4 new (to me) Cubs - plan on restoring all of them this summer!! W/try to keep them separate when I post progress. Dusty B
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59, Cu'b
'45 C
'55 Case S
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coup
'79 Lincoln TC
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

Return to “Farmall Cub”