This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Parts in New Brunswick

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ThomD
10+ Years
10+ Years

Parts in New Brunswick

Postby ThomD » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:26 am

Anyone know a place that has part near Fredericton?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Parts in New Brunswick

Postby Rudi » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:13 am

Thom:

There are not a lot of parts places here in NB. Some of us have collected a number of parts over the years and some of our NB members might have a part you are needing. Just need to know what.

There used to be a good IH Dealership in Freddy -- Trail was the owner's -- belonged to my buddy's uncle. It has been bought up and closed though and all the inventory has been sold. You can place an ad in the local Kijiji - but make your search options to include at least 250Kms .. which is the one I use.

As far as a parts yard -- there are two that I know of. 1 is in Sussex but he is a bit proud of his stuff .. and I do mean proud. The other one is Chown's outside of Sussex .. How to get Here from There .. which is where we held CubFest Northeast 2004.

If you are looking for a dealer, well the closest is Arbings in Sussex as well. They don't stock a lot of Cub stuff and most of the younger ones haven't a clue .. John does but don't know if he has retired yet or not. If you need parts ordered make sure you have the part number - page in the proper TC-37 and have the latest rev on the part otherwise they are not going to be helpful. Good dealers are becoming hard to find in NB sadly :(

Can you please add your location to your profile? That way when it is time for the next NB CubFest here we can let you know. Trying to get all the NB/NS/PEI guys together at some point.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

ThomD
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ThomD » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:50 pm

Thanks! Sounds like you guys have fun. We do have an emotional attachment to our Cub, but we are mostly enthusiasts for other things, and the Cub is either getting in the way, or helping us get stuff done, usually about 50/50. We used to cut our acreage with it every year, and bring in wood. These days we still do a little cutting but the fields are mostly weeds, not so nice ones at times, and we have a friend with a bush hog who come in. The main thing I need the cub for these days is handling boats.

I need a starter drive, the nose from the clip retention point has snapped off. Arbings can order them. But when it comes to ordering stuff I may as well do it myself, though as my other post shows, I am not certain about whether to buy the ones off ebay either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Farmall-Starter ... 416869837e

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:47 pm

If the part on :eBay: is correct then get it. Arbings is not exactly quick on the order dept. I never liked ordering from Arbings.

We go through Minto occasionally. Nice place for a leisurely drive.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

ThomD
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ThomD » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:21 am

We are on the lake, but M is the nearest place. I'm hoping it is the right part, or that I can sort it out.

shyntempt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: E7J1V7
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub

Postby shyntempt » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:33 am

There is also a Case/International dealer in Florenceville NB (County Tractor). A two hour drive for you but........... I find them helpful in most things. Gary at the parts counter is willing to help. I also know of a starter/alternator/generator repair shop near Woodstock who could certainly make your repair or get you the parts you need. I do travel to Fredericton fairly often and may be able to help or deliver your part. I am actually headed that way today.

Jerry

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:50 am

Ahhh Maritimers to the rescue. Figured you would pop in at some point Jerry. We need to get Thom together with us for a bit of a mini-fest.

Return to “Farmall Cub”