This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

International Cub (yellow and White)

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mike langran
10+ Years
10+ Years

International Cub (yellow and White)

Postby mike langran » Tue May 31, 2005 8:44 am

I just got a yellow and white cub. The serial number is 50884. What style cub is this? I need to do some touch up painting on this tractor;is there a can spray paint that will match this tractor's correct color of paint? Also I have the operators manual for this tractor which shows all the places for lubrication. Does this tractor's lububrication points match up with the red Cub Farmall I have? I am having a very challenging time getting the fluid to drain out of the rear belt housing and the rear axel ( I haven't found the drain plug yet), any suggestions?
thanks, Mike (from East Texas)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue May 31, 2005 9:36 am

Mike, the serial number you list is for a very early (48) cub. Perhaps you have a digit you can't read or the cub has been re-painted Y & W or the radiator bottom casting has been replaced. Can you describe the appearance of your cub or better yet, post a picture?

Most likely you can touch up the needed areas with the yellow and white used for cub cadets.

The final drive housings are drained by removing the pans from the bottom.

On the rear belt housing, are you talking about the 90 degree adaptor for a belt pulley? Or can you clarify further?
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue May 31, 2005 7:17 pm

Does it look like this?
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... 2Small.jpg
The other clue is the serial # plate will say INTERNATIONAL CUB. Could be a lo boy too.

Paint is Federal Yellow (also a Chrysler color, and the same color someone decided to paint the hydrants around here... ) IH Rattle cans from Carter and Gruenwald.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:36 pm

Oh yea, get the gaskets for the final drives when you get the paint. 7$ for both of them. I put Hy-Tran in mine, some folks use gear oil. Be warned, if you have any attachments on the final drives (mower etc) THEY WILL COVER THE FILL PLUG on the left side. So you may as well figure on pulling that stuff off if you do drain the final drives.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”