This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Generator Recon on 563

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Generator Recon on 563

Postby Arizona Mike » Thu May 26, 2005 12:02 pm

The generator on my old Cub was looking pretty bad. Some Missouri mud dobbers had built a nest between the relay and the generator, and the hi-low charge relay was not working. After removing it I let it soak in oven cleaner for a few minutes, rinsed carefully and let it dry..don't take long out here. Then cleaned the rust off with a wire brush, cleaned the relay contacts and commutator, and painted. Also sealed the unit with KANO Weatherpruf.

Its an ARROW remaufactured unit that was dated 1966. The brushes look good which leads me to believe that it has not seen too much service since then.

Can someone tell me the correct wiring of the GEN. BAT. and F terminals? Don't think it was wired correctly...had both GEN and BAT jumpered to generator :roll:

Wish I had a Delco Remy tag 8) 8)

Thanks

"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu May 26, 2005 12:17 pm

Mike try this:

8)

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Thu May 26, 2005 12:18 pm

Wiring looks like this. If you want to use the L H settings of the light switch, the generator F goes to the switch rather than as shown here. The BAT wire goes to the ammeter.

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Thu May 26, 2005 8:03 pm

Thanks Donny and Jim :)
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

Return to “Farmall Cub”