This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

battery box

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

battery box

Postby Findoggy » Wed May 25, 2005 8:24 pm

My battery box recently (this weekend) finally gave up the ghost. The entire unit is rusted and started sliding around when going up and down hills and uneven terrain. Well, all of a sudden the tractor quit and wouldn't start. I thought perhaps I overheated or ran out of gas (been there done that), so I checked them both out. Still no luck. Then I looked at the battery and saw that the negative cable had sheared right off from rubbing on the battery box as it moved around. Now, to my question. Are there any good boxes being made and where could I find/buy one? What would be a fair price to pay? Thanks in advance for your help. Father's Day is coming up and I thought perhaps I could steer my son (read Wife) towards a gift that would keep on giving!
Findoggy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

'60_Lo-Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby '60_Lo-Boy » Wed May 25, 2005 8:29 pm

http://www.tmtractor.com/

their directory isnt up right now, but should be soon :)

for the cable, try an automotive battery shop.. they have lots of that stuff..

good luck with the cubby :D
Aaron.

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Thu May 26, 2005 12:05 am

Get good thick cable not the modern 12v skinny-gutted stuff, 6v doesnt appreciate it
Pat

Return to “Farmall Cub”