This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

generator and assorted fun under the hood

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

generator and assorted fun under the hood

Postby freebird » Tue May 24, 2005 12:06 pm

Finally decided to take the generator of my '56 cub and have it serviced. It's the last step in my loss of polarity problem. I recently bought another battery to eliminate the "floating short" theory, plus the 6v battery would only take about 1/2 charge. I bought a OEM wiring harness and installed last year. All connections clean and tight.
I called a place in town and they asked me to bring the generator in as well the voltage regulator as they rebuild them if possible. A new one would be up towards $200.00! So I hope the rebuild is possible.
While under the hood I removed the breather tube that goes from the block up to the air cleaner and cleaned it out. It was not plugged, but when I shot it with carb cleaner and blew it out there was some gunk that did come out.
I also checked the plugs and they look fair. I got the oil can out and attempted to oil the fan bearing...got some in there. I could do a compression test perhaps for grins. Any elders have anything else I should do while the hood is off?
Tell the truth, there's less to remember!

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue May 24, 2005 3:10 pm

Oil the fan bearing... Did you just squirt oil at the bearing, or did you do it properly, by pulling the little plug on the side of the pulley, turning it to the side, squirting some oil in, then turning it down to let the excess run off?

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue May 24, 2005 3:59 pm

See my answer on the ATIS forum.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby freebird » Wed May 25, 2005 9:32 am

No I did not use the screw, but I will today, t hanks. John I read your response too, thanks.
Tell the truth, there's less to remember!

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy