This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Battery cable question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon May 23, 2005 2:26 pm

I know all too well about the resonate ring build up :!: Here's a picture of one of my Cubs before the battery cable swap.

With the hyper voltage that was encountered this is what's left:

The voltage was so high that it even registered in a different state. If you have any compassion you will be very careful when swapping out the cable lest the poor bugs get caught up in all that.
8)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ducati750
10+ Years
10+ Years

battery

Postby ducati750 » Mon May 23, 2005 5:15 pm

I knew I would start something, I had no idea it would be sooo much fun though. Thanks for playing along guys :lol:

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon May 23, 2005 6:28 pm

Hey Bill,

Is your Standing Wave Ratio this high :?:

8)

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon May 23, 2005 9:11 pm

That looks like what I used to get on my Mosely mini beam.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon May 23, 2005 10:15 pm

If the resonation frequency is just right the bugs WILL be attracted to the rear plate on the Cub... I prefer to have have my Cub claim 'persecuted alien' status, in which case NONE OF THE AFORMENTIONED rules apply. And of course, no plate or plate holder device is necessary.
Regardless of SWR status, no one should be subjected to dead bugs on their Cub. Certain exceptions apply to those without the appropriate grill coverings or adornments.
Please refer all questions to the previous poster, as answers cannot be provided by the present poster.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”