Great day with my '58 and my '06

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Re: Great day with my '58 and my '06

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:54 pm

Awesome!

And what I would give for a week off now! There was a good frost over near Cecil's Saturday night, so I hope you are not too early on the snow plow :lol:
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)
User avatar
Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
 
Posts: 9957
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: RI, Newport
Zip Code: 02840

Re: Great day with my '58 and my '06

Postby Bigschuss » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:33 am

Buzzard Wing wrote:Awesome!

And what I would give for a week off now! There was a good frost over near Cecil's Saturday night, so I hope you are not too early on the snow plow :lol:


Thanks guys.

Can't believe I missed Cecil's. I have been wanting to attend some kind of a fest to meet some of you guys for the longest time. Plus, he's is holding a fertilizer spreader for me that I have to go pick up.
My other addiction...www.thunderboltskirun.com/militaria
User avatar
Bigschuss
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 7:08 pm
Location: Savoy, MA
Zip Code: 01256
Tractors Owned: 1958 Cub with Fast Hitch
FH Mott Flail Mower
Cub-144 Cultivators
L-38 Disc Harrows
L-F194 Moldboard Plow
Cub-54 Grader Blade

Re: Great day with my '58 and my '06

Postby Peter Person » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Bigschuss wrote:
Buzzard Wing wrote:Awesome!

And what I would give for a week off now! There was a good frost over near Cecil's Saturday night, so I hope you are not too early on the snow plow :lol:


Thanks guys.

Can't believe I missed Cecil's. I have been wanting to attend some kind of a fest to meet some of you guys for the longest time. Plus, he's is holding a fertilizer spreader for me that I have to go pick up.


Blair,
Plan on coming down to Colchester, CT for CTCubFest at Zagray Farm on May 3rd, 4th, & 5th.

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
 
Posts: 3150
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:27 pm
Location: CT, Stafford Springs
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Great day with my '58 and my '06

Postby Mr E » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:14 pm

Great pics! Nothing like having those youngsters hanging out with you!!
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein


Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest
February 13 & 14, 2015
User avatar
Mr E
501 Club
501 Club
 
Posts: 5332
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:48 am
Location: FL, Sneads
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Great day with my '58 and my '06

Postby Bigschuss » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:07 am

Peter Person wrote:
Bigschuss wrote:
Buzzard Wing wrote:Awesome!

And what I would give for a week off now! There was a good frost over near Cecil's Saturday night, so I hope you are not too early on the snow plow :lol:


Thanks guys.

Can't believe I missed Cecil's. I have been wanting to attend some kind of a fest to meet some of you guys for the longest time. Plus, he's is holding a fertilizer spreader for me that I have to go pick up.


Blair,
Plan on coming down to Colchester, CT for CTCubFest at Zagray Farm on May 3rd, 4th, & 5th.

Peter


Hi Peter,

Didn't even know about this one. Let me put it on the calender and see if I can get get free.

Thanks for the tip.

Blair
My other addiction...www.thunderboltskirun.com/militaria
User avatar
Bigschuss
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 7:08 pm
Location: Savoy, MA
Zip Code: 01256
Tractors Owned: 1958 Cub with Fast Hitch
FH Mott Flail Mower
Cub-144 Cultivators
L-38 Disc Harrows
L-F194 Moldboard Plow
Cub-54 Grader Blade

Re: Great day with my '58 and my '06

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:03 am

Yeah.... Not only a Cubfest, but the place is very interesting too. The QVEA boys love to run their rebuilt sawmill, play with giant equipment and show off the well equipped machine shop. Well worth the trip!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)
User avatar
Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
 
Posts: 9957
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: RI, Newport
Zip Code: 02840

Re: Great day with my '58 and my '06

Postby Bigschuss » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:47 am

Buzzard Wing wrote:Yeah.... Not only a Cubfest, but the place is very interesting too. The QVEA boys love to run their rebuilt sawmill, play with giant equipment and show off the well equipped machine shop. Well worth the trip!


Just a quick question...I visited the QVEA site and read about the Spring show in May, but I didn't see anything that referred to a CT Cubfest?

http://www.qvea.org/resources/spring-show-flyer-2013.pdf

Is the Cubfest at Zagray farm different from the Spring Swap meet and Gas-Up as they call it?
My other addiction...www.thunderboltskirun.com/militaria
User avatar
Bigschuss
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 7:08 pm
Location: Savoy, MA
Zip Code: 01256
Tractors Owned: 1958 Cub with Fast Hitch
FH Mott Flail Mower
Cub-144 Cultivators
L-38 Disc Harrows
L-F194 Moldboard Plow
Cub-54 Grader Blade

Re: Great day with my '58 and my '06

Postby Peter Person » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:24 pm

Blair,
We tag-team with them.
Art Chester is Treasurer of QVEA as well as a long time member here (artc).
We held our 1st ConnectiCubFest there in 2007. As Larry said, it's a different venue but it offers alot of different things. We don't have a shop to work in but we do tinker around with carbs, tune-ups, valve adjustments, etc.

Saturday and Sunday the farm is open to the public. Several of us get there Friday morning and set-up our compound plus without the public there, my kids get to go pretty much anywhere. Saturday is the busier of the two days. As a swap meet also there are lots of vendors with all kinds of stuff.

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
 
Posts: 3150
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:27 pm
Location: CT, Stafford Springs
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Previous

Return to Farmall Cub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dmacarthur, RaymondDurban, raystractors, Tim66 and 2 guests