This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

hydraulics?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
michigancub3
10+ Years
10+ Years

hydraulics?

Postby michigancub3 » Mon May 16, 2005 10:18 pm

On my cub, if I check and add oil with the touch control lever all the way to the back. It leaks oil from the oil level pipe plug. When I go to take the plug out the oil comes out under some pressure and full of air bubbles. Then, The hydraulics work realy slow after that like they're low on oil. And they are noisy either way. Kind of screechy sounding. Am I doing something wrong here or is something wrong inside? They work well and pick up a load and hold it fine. Just noisy and wierd on the oil level.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon May 16, 2005 11:39 pm

I sounds like it has a lot of air trapped in it. Try leaving the fill plug out and run it through 10 complete up&down cycles at engine idle speed. That should purge the system of air. If it doesn`t then you have a loose fitting/s or some other reason as to why air is getting into the system.
Then came Bronson

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue May 17, 2005 8:31 am

Check and add oil with the lever to the front so the cylinder is retracted. With the lever to the rear you will have it overfilled. Also then follow Johnbron's instructions about purginr the air. there is a manual on Rudi's server under the blue Ribbon manual section.
http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Blue%2 ... index.html
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Tue May 17, 2005 7:56 pm

If what has already been suggested doesn't clear up the problem, you may have a leak on the suction side of the pump that is pulling some air in.

You may also have a system contaminated with motor oil, water or both. Try a fluid change. You may need to do it twice to get the crud out.

michigancub3
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby michigancub3 » Wed May 18, 2005 5:33 am

I changed the fluid again last night after work. Still shot oil out when I took out the check level plug. I changed the oil when I first got it a month or so ago. I swear I thought the online manuals said to add to the full level with the control all the way to the rear. I did that again and now its working pretty quiet and nice. I'll have to go read again about which point to add the oil.